Monday, June 16, 2008

I do...

Who wants to go summer camp? ME! As I leave my kids each day, I wish I could steal them and go away for three months of summer camp. I want to sit next to them and play the worse/worse game, where they give you two horrible options, but you have to choose the best one for you. Like, would you rather eat your toe nails or a rat?

I want to stay up late and tell stories and hide a flashlight so we can make shadows on the wall. I want to eat a ton of candy with them and then throw up, and laugh about it later. I want to lie in the grass, under the sun, and not worry about anything. I want to help them throw water balloons at the camp director and make a trap under his bed, so that when he lies down at night, a huge bucket of goo falls on his head

I want to build a fire and roast marshmallows with them and cry when we drop them into the fire or accidentally sit on a roasting stick. But most importantly, I want to spend days and days with them, without interruption, without deadlines and without stress. I want a summer camp for them and for me.

No comments: